Among the first Diasporic organizations to get involved in these projects were the following:
- AADS – Armenian American Dental Society, Boston
- ACMAO – Armenian Canadian Medical Association of Ontario
- ADAL – Armenian Dental Association of Lebanon
- AIDA – Armenian International Dental Association
- AMAQ – Armenian Medical Association of Quebec
- UMAF – Union Médicale Arménienne de France, Paris and Lyon chapters
Together, these Associations helped build several dental clinics in the regional centers and a women’s health clinic in the capital, Stepanakert.
HAND IN HAND, a non-profit, non-governmental organization, was officially registered in 2004 in order to conduct all clinical and continuing education activities while meeting all legal requirements.
HAND IN HAND operates fully independently while maintaining very amicable relations with the Ministry of Health and local hospitals.